September 11, 2001
Where were you?
- Shawn and I had married less than a year. I was 23 and Shawn was 25.
- We were living in our first apartment in Grove City (an hour away from our home town).
- When the attack happened, I was at work (an Adult Day Care) in Reynoldsburg.
- We were preparing to go to our morning staff meeting when one of the clients yelled to come look at the television.
- We thought it was a joke....there was NO WAY something like that could have been happening.
- Shortly thereafter the 2nd plane hit.
- I remember feeling horribly helpless, scared, confused. Were we at war?
- I needed desperately to get ahold of my loved ones.
- I didn't have a call phone, so I had to call using the work phone and a calling card.
- I needed to hear their voices!!!
- That night, I remember the sky being earily quiet above our apartment comples. Not one single plane in the sky. This was very odd considering our closeness to Port Columbus.
- People were lining up down the road to get gas in their cars.....because we just didn't know what may happen.
- We didn't have cable in our first apartment and no high speed internet......so we couldn't pull our eyes away from our local news station.
- We needed to know minute by minute what was happening.
- I remember feeling an overwhelming sense of pride in our country as we watched the images out of New York City. What an amazing country we live in!!
May the Lord bless ALL the families that were affected that day. Those at ground zero...and those like me clear off in a small town in Ohio. We will never be the same!
Where were you "The day world stopped turning?"