With the recent passing of Michael Jackson, it has me reminiscing about my childhood.
* I wore Jelly bracelets on my both wrists, ankles and even Jelly shoes
* I owned a pair of stone washed envelope pants
* I prep-rolled my jeans
* I had a perm with mile high bangs
* My favorite cartoons were: Rainbow Brite, The Smurfs, Shirt Tales, and The Cabbage Patch Kids
* I watched and imitated WWF with my brother. That's right and I could body slam him. LOL
* I love the fashion of Punky Brewster and Boy George
* I wore 2 socks of different colors on each foot
* Trapper Keepers where the hottest new school accessory
* I participated in Hands Across America
* My mom was one of the crazy people duking it out at Christmas time over the newest Cabbage Patch Doll
* I have decorated shirts and even shoes with Puffy Paint
* I remember when we had a Garfield hanging from the window of the family's Grand-Am.
* My favorite playground game was hopscotch
* Coveting Christmas presents were a hot pink Walkman and a Nintendo.
* This one is for the locals: I looking up to the super cool teenagers who hung out at the P.I. or shot the loop in Marion.
* One of my favorite songs was Let's Hear it For the Boys or any song from the movies Footloose, Dirty Dancing or Pretty in Pink.
* Anything Neon
* My friends and I did a dance to We Are The World for a school talent show
* Everyone owned a Hyper Color Shirt
I could go on and on for hours. Now it's your turn. Leave me a comment telling me what are your favorite memories are from the 80's?
For more 80's fun check out www.only80s.com