Oh the weather outside is frightful,They're calling for 1/2 to 1 inch of snow here in Ohio today. I'm glad I have this in my crockpot at home waiting on me!
But the fire is so delightful,
And since we've no place to go,
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
8 Potatoes peeled and chopped
3 Leeks (white & light green parts only) cut in 1/4 rounds
1 Red Onion
3 TBSP Margarine
2 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
1 TBSP Salt
1/2 tsp. Ground Pepper
1 12 oz. Can Evaporated Milk
1. Place Potatoes, Leeks, Onion, Margarine, Chicken Bouillon Cubes, Salt, and Pepper in Slow Cooker.
2. Pour Enough Water to cover.
3. Cook on High for 4 hours (or low for 8 hrs.)
4. Stir in Evaporated Milk, Ladle into blender, blend until smooth.
5. Serve (I think it would be good topped with shredded cheddar cheese)
* I can't remember where I found this recipe, so I'm sorry there is no credit given. If it's yours...thank you :)