Baby Dedication is...
- An opportunity to thank God for the precious gift of my child.
- An opportunity to publicly declare our intentions to raise our child in a Christian home. Although we have already done that in our hearts, the public announcement makes us accountable to hundreds of people.
- A benchmark we can return to time and time again.
- A family dedication, where we as parents commit ourselves to abide by biblical principles and to raise our children according to God's standards. Not only are we dedicating our child to God, we are dedicating ourselves, as parents, to Christ and the church. We are committing ourselves to maintaining a Christian home, where Christ is honored and the Word of God is held in reverence. A child's first impression of God comes from us the parents, so we must strive to live Christlike lives at all times. Children sense our commitment to the Lord and are far more perceptive than we sometimes realize. For that reason, we need to be diligent in our own personal relationship with the Lord and the study of His Word. Abraham Lincoln said, "A child is a person who is going to carry on what you have started." Train up a child in the way he should go, but first be sure to go that way yourself.
Gauge will be dedicated on Sunday, March 16th during our 10:30 am service.
* All of our family and friends are welcome to attend!